Sunday, March 24, 2013

6.4 Miss Advice



Dear Miss Advice,
I have a friend who sticks to me like glue! She never leaves me alone.  She texts me several times a day and keeps asking me what Im doing. If I tell her my plans, she turns up wherever I go. I dont want to be mean to her, but I hate this situation. Its very annoying! What should I do?
From Lynne



Dear Lynne,
Take a deep breath, Lynne. You need to give yourself some breathing room. But it doesnt mean that you have to end your friendship.
Just tell your friend how you feel. Honesty is the best policy. Start by telling her how important her friendship is. Then, explain that you sometimes need time alone.
Another idea is to encourage your friend to find new hobbies of her own. Suggest that she join a club or do activities that she is interested in but you are not. Then you can do your own things while she is enjoying something else.
Oh, and one more thing: Do not feel too sorry for her. Your friend might get upset at first if you limit time with her. But after a while, shell probably understand. In the end, it might even make your friendship stronger!
From Miss Advice


No comments:

Post a Comment