Sunday, March 24, 2013

1.4 Nora Lee


Interview with
Stuntwoman Nora Lee

This month, Movie Maker(MM) interviewed Nora Lee, a professional stuntwoman. Her latest movie, Kung Fu Warrior, will be coming up later this year. 

MM:  How did you get started?
Nora: At first, I took part-time jobs on movie sets to gain experience. I was very interested in the stunts, so I learned martial arts. And I kept telling people I wanted to be a stuntwoman. Eventually, I was given a chance.

MM: How do directors choose the stunt people for their movies?
Nora: If the job requires a skill, such as martial arts, theres usually an audition. But if the job only involves general stunts like falling down or jumping out of a car, they just choose someone who looks like the actor or actress.

MM: Do stunt people often get hurt while filming a movie?
Nora: Yes! And its worse for stuntwomen, because we often have to wear tight shirts or short skirts. Its impossible to hide protective pads easily under those kinds of clothes!

MM: Tell me about Kung Fu Warrior.
Nora: The fighting style in this movie is totally new. We combined various martial arts all around the world. I truly believe it will be an epic blockbuster. Im sure people will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment