Sunday, March 24, 2013

5.5 Fisherman


One afternoon, a businessman was sitting on a beach. He saw a fisherman and asked, How long did it take you to catch these fish?
 Not very long, the fisherman replied. 
The businessman was surprised. Then why dont you stay longer and catch even more fish?
This is all I need for my family, the fisherman said.
Then the businessman asked, How do you spend the rest of your day?
I go home to rest and spend time with my family. Then in the evening, I hang out with my friends. the fisherman explained.
So, the businessman gave him some advice: If you want to become a successful businessman like me, you should start staying out longer at sea. That way, you can catch more fish to sell, save money, and then buy a bigger boat. After a few successful years, you can move to the city and manage your business from there.
And then what would I do? asked the fisherman.
You make enough money to buy a big house and live like a king. the businessman replied.
And then what? asked the fisherman.
After that, you can retire and spend time with your family at home. In the evenings, you can hang out with your friends.
The fisherman was confused, Isnt that what I do now?


No comments:

Post a Comment