Sunday, March 24, 2013

3.3 Food Handling


Useful Tips for Food Handling
This is worth reading whether you cook or not.

What if I put too much salt in my soup?
 Dont add water, this will only make the soup taste bad. You can add some cooked potatoes for a few minutes. They will absorb all the salt; then take them out. 
 
How can I make kiwi fruit get ripe faster?
Put them in a plastic bag with an apple, a pear, or a banana. These fruits will release ethylene gases that cause kiwis to get ripe.

How can I keep my biscuits crispy?
Usually we store biscuits in a box, and they often get soggy. Adding a few sugar cubes or some salt will work magic. They will absorb moisture and keep the biscuits crispy and delicious.

What can I do to keep my soda pop from going flat?
No one likes soda pop without the bubbles! Turn the bottle upside down. The bubbles always go to the top, and that way they cant get out.

How can I make watermelon taste sweet?
This may sound strange, but you can put a little salt on it. The salty taste will make the sweet taste stronger. But only add a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment